Thursday, June 26, 2008

Words of wisdom

The important point of spiritual practice is not to try to escape your
life, but to face it -- exactly and completely.
~ Dainin Katagiri Roshi

Even if it is difficult to do it is important to face our obstacles as to not allow them to turn into mountains that then seem insurmountable.

Right now I am facing my own obstacles and realize that sometimes we need to do the thing we think we cannot do and in doing so we grow a little more every day. If you can remember back to your teenage years you will remeber suffering from growing pains. I do and this growth may come with it's own growing pains but it then reminds me of something I read.... External obstacles are internal resistance to change. Which then means that if it hurts to much what is the internal resistance??
I am being my own devils advocate and now I must leave because the only way I can find out if there is resistance internal or otherwise is to go and find my peace and my center and go within.

Till Later....

No comments: