Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving!

There is a whole history behind celebrating this day and I appreciate that. It is not celebrated anywhere else in the world as far as I know but I do like the concept of taking a day to be thankful.

This is a year for me to be thankful as I have been blessed with so many wonderful things.

I am thankful that this year is almost over, when I think about all the turmoil it brought.
I am thankful that this year did bring so much turmoil and that it challenged me to change, grow and throw out all the old belief systems and the old baggage that was holding me back.
I am thankful for my old baggage because the weight of it brought me here and brought with it an opportunity to choose differently.

I am thankful for all the wonderful people in my life and for the true love I have found.
I give thanks to all my past relationships that have helped mold me into who I am and have helped me discern the qualities I wish for when choosing who I spend time with.

I am thankful for the little things that make my life a pleasure and create memorable days, like sunshine and flowers and flushing toilets and running water and the ocean and birds and laughter and all my senses....really the list goes on and on.

This thanksgiving day I cannot help but reflect on the many ways my life has shifted and changed since the last thanksgiving and I am left in awe of how grateful I am for it all. For all the tears and discomfort and all the conversations and healing. For bumping my head against the same issues and finally realizing the way to embrace and move past it all. For all the people who shared and cared with me and for me, and for all those that passed through my world and made a difference, knowingly or not. I am thankful that this day was created to hopefully help shift consciousness into a state of gratitude en mass, even if just for a day.


I wish to give thanks to this world and all its opportunities that it brings to help me be the perfect, whole and complete being that I have always been.

Remember that life is so much richer when we focus on the things that we are thankful for and everyday is the perfect day to do so. May this thanksgiving shed more light on gratitude and thankfulness than ever before.

No comments: