Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Clearing out 'old tapes' ..... Louise Hay

I love the emails I get from Louis Hay and Hay House and this is one that speaks to me often... I would like to share it with you.


"Today I want to talk to you about clearing out “old tapes.” Old tapes used to run my life. Most people have about 25,000 hours of parent tapes running through them. Many of these old tapes had a lot of negative messages in them, lots of criticism and ‘shoulds.’ Now I am choosing to erase and retape new positive messages. I listen to my inner thoughts and when I catch one that makes me uncomfortable, I turn it around. I retape the old messages. You don’t have to obediently listen to the old stuff. Just retape. I know I am a capable person. I know I am worth loving. I really believe I am worthy of a wonderful life. I have a purpose being here. I have the power to change the tapes. Those old, negative messages are not the truth of my Being.


Nothing is more powerful than our own inner voice. I always have the power of my mind: I claim and consciously use my power!

So much comes at us every day, from work, our personal life, and the news. Once we learn to control the tapes that we listen to, we bring control, grace and balance to our lives. We believe what we hear from those we trust and who should we trust more than ourselves? So if those old tapes are telling us we are too slow, too fat, too stupid, too fearful or unqualified…of course we’re going to believe it. I know I did!

“Not only do self-love and love of others go hand in hand but ultimately they are indistinguishable.”
~ M. Scott Peck

So I take a close look at that inner voice and decide to retape. I say to myself, I am willing to release the need to be unworthy. I am worthy of the very best in life, and I now lovingly allow myself to accept it. I say it until it became my new definition of myself. Once we do this our whole self-worth shifts to the positive. Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens. You’ll be amazed how much better you feel. And if the old tapes sneak back, just remind yourself, “I am the only thinker in my mind. I create my own reality and everyone in it.”

When you begin to recognize those old tapes you’ve been playing, and you learn to rewrite them, now begin to practice being grateful for the new you. I have noticed that the Universe loves gratitude. Appreciation and acceptance act like powerful magnets for miracles every moment of the day. When we expand our thinking and beliefs our love flows freely. Remember the last time when you were in love, what a wonderful feeling it was? It is the same with loving yourself. And you will be with you for the rest of your life, so you want to make it the best relationship that you can. Remember to tell yourself, “All is well. Everything is working out for my highest good. Out of this situation, only good will come. I am safe." "

~ Louise Hay

No comments: