Here are 10 ways to show gratitude throughout the holidays:
- Leave hand-written notes for loved ones around the house. It’ll be a pleasant surprise for them.
- Walk through your home and give thanks to each room, meditate over the good memories created in each section of the house. Thank the furniture and appliances that help you.
- Tell your pets how grateful you are to have their company in your life.
- Donate old/unused toys and clothes to families in need or at local charities.
- Thank your coworkers on the great job they’re doing.
- Compliment the people you come across in your daily life. Compliments are small doses of gratitude that affect people in big ways.
- Give thanks to nature. Take a walk and thank the trees on your street, the birds chirping or the bodies of water nearby. Relish in your natural surroundings. Breathe in the air and appreciate the life it gives.
- When you eat a meal, give thanks to the food. Welcome how much it’s nourishing your body.
- Share recipes and traditions with friends and loved ones. Have everyone contribute to the wonderful meal about to be shared on Thanksgiving. Share with them memories and good times you’ve had together.
- Remember to thank yourself. Thank your body, thank your hard efforts and talents, and thank your spirit and existence in this world.
~ Courtesy of HAY HOUSE