Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Conscious cleaning...

 I wrote this piece many, many years ago but still feel its relevance when we apply our energy mindfully to whatever task we embark upon.

Enjoy the musings of my mind when cleaning....


Yesterday, another day filled with exitement. It's own blend of weather, green trees, grass and new life everywhere.

My awareness tested often......
I started cleaning and a familiar feeling washed over me, a sense of urgency and critisism.
This time I stopped and paid attention. What was it and why now......I do not really enjoy cleaning @ the best of times but today I recognised the feelings - something deep inside said hurry up, clean properly and clean everywhere. It came from a long time ago, from the child within remembering her plight of cleaning under scrutiny of another.
I stopped, I chose a different frequency... I put on my Ipod and pulled out the brass bell to dispell away old energy, clearing the space. I decided today I was going to clean slowly, meticulously, without urgency and filled with exitement, new life and opportunity.
A realization of an oppurtunity to wipe away the old and imprint the new into every part of my little home. The energy with which I approach and do this task would be the energy that I would be infusing into my home and in turn into my life right now.

Conciously cleaning is also a mind trip. The thoughts that pop through to be wiped away are amazing, mind blowing. It was a good opportunity to stop often and ask myself, what am I thinking and feeling now? A good time to either wipe away or continue totally immersed in this new creation.  So, with that in mind I cleaned everything lovingly, imprinting joy and life into every corner and every shelf.........the feeling of urgency dissapeared, relief and gratitude took it's place.

No comments: