Friday, April 3, 2020

Downtime...

Sometimes it’s hard not to get caught up in the emotions of the masses. Fear and anger and uncertainty abounds, yet through it all I also see hope. I feel the fear and uncertainty and check in with myself to see if it belongs to me. I have paid close attention to the things I take in through my eyes and ears and the emotions they awaken. I have realized what some of my triggers for insecurity and fear are. Some of it even surprised me and that is another blessing. I love self discovery...it gives me an opportunity to change and grow. So many media outlets are feeding our fears. I am being very selective as to what I chose to consume through my eyes and ears. I AM THE MASTER OF MY BRIAN AND GET TO CHOSE (strange how the caps was enabled on that line...and I didn’t intend it...it was as if it capitalized itself) 

Slowing down and regrouping en mass is a wonderful thing. Finding more time to focus inward was a luxury before and now you are handed all the time to do so.
Go within, find out who you really are and look at all the emotions this time is bringing up for you. 
What is that about, where do these emotions come from and can you let them go or can you heal the wound that created them?

I see this time as a blessing. We are connecting with our friends and re-connecting with ourselves. The illusion of busyness is falling away and all we are left with is the present moment. How are you choosing to spend your time and how will you move into the future.

What is important to you? Are you using this downtime as an opportunity to heal and grow and emerge stronger and healthier or not? Are you changing with the times?

No comments: