Thursday, September 13, 2018

Is it true or not?

These wonderful nuggets from Louise Hay sure hits home for me and I really just have to share this....

"The question, “Is it true or real?” has two answers: “Yes” and “No.” It is true if you believe it to be true. It is not true if you believe it isn’t true. The glass is both half full and half empty, depending on how you look at it. There are literally billions of thoughts we can choose to think. 

Most of us choose to think the same kinds of thoughts our parents used to think, but we don’t have to continue to do this. There is no law written that says we can only think in one way. 

Whatever I choose to believe becomes true for me. Whatever you choose to believe becomes true for you. Our thoughts can be totally different. Our lives and experiences are totally different. 

Examine Your Thoughts 

Whatever we believe becomes true for us. If you have a sudden financial disaster, then on some level you may believe you are unworthy of being comfortable with money, or you believe in burdens and debt. Or if you believe that nothing good ever lasts, maybe you believe that life is out to get you, or, as I hear so often, “I just can’t win.” 

If you seem unable to attract a relationship, you may believe “Nobody loves me,” or “I am unlovable.” Perhaps you fear being dominated as your mother was, or maybe you think, “People just hurt me.” 

If you have poor health, you may believe, “Illness runs in our family.” Or that you are a victim of the weather. Or perhaps it’s: “I was born to suffer,” or “It’s just one thing after another.” 

Or you may have a different belief. Perhaps you’re not even aware of your belief. Most people really aren’t. They just see the outer circumstances as being the way the cookie crumbles. Until someone can show you the connection between the outer experiences and the inner thoughts, you remain a victim in life. 

PROBLEM
Financial disaster.
No friends.
Problems with work.
Always pleasing others.
BELIEF
I am not worthy of having money.
Nobody loves me.
I’m not good enough.
I never get my way.
Whatever the problem is, it comes from a thought pattern, and thought patterns can be changed! 

It may feel true, it may seem true — all these problems we’re wrestling with and juggling in our lives. However, no matter how difficult an issue we are dealing with, it is only an outer result or the effect of an inner thought pattern. 

Look at the problems in your life. Ask yourself, “What kinds of thoughts am I having that create this?” 

If you allow yourself to sit quietly and ask this question, your inner intelligence will show you the answer."

~ Louise Hay

No comments: