Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Guilty as charged

When is it OK to move on, to feel happy without the guilt?

Our choices do not always make everyone happy and sometimes they hurt the ones we love the most. When this happens are we allowed to feel happy about our choice without guilt for their pain?



I sit staring at the face of hope and feel its love, yet the pain of another tugs at my heart.

I smile at the future and embrace the love that it brings but cannot shake the guilt that I carry with me.

I face happiness, a surrendering to a new creation, a new life. Am I ready to let me?

Can I cut the ropes of guilt that bind me, the ties of the past that threaten to keep me in it?

At the dawn of my future, will I let the past set behind me?

Guilt, I ask you ...how do you serve me now and in your silence I know you never have and you never WILL!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It may not be guilt. Maybe it is uncertainty.